Sunday, March 8, 2009

Dream

Usually on Sundays we all take a nap after church. I was in a very deep sleep during today's nap and I had the craziest and most vivid dream ever. I don't even remember my dreams most of the time, but this one stuck really strong. And for the most part, when I do remember my dreams they're about familiar things, like places I know or events that might've already taken place. And those dreams pretty much fade away within a few minutes of waking up. But the particular dream I had this afternoon was seriously like no other. Nothing about the dream was familiar. The places were places I'd never seen before. The events were things I'd never experienced before. The people involved, however, were friends of mine. (At least the main characters.) But everyone else was just a mystery. I don't even know how my brain conjured up such a dream. And I didn't wake up gradually like I usually do. All of a sudden my eyes just "popped" open and I was back in my room again. That dream was so weird to me. But it was also so vivid and so unquestionably real that I can't shake it. Do you think it means something? How do you guys feel about dreams?

3 comments:

Katie said...

I have very strong feelings about dreams (usually). I have had 3 different dreams b/4 each ultrasound...and each have been correct. (This might sound weird to some, but ask Luke...all real!)
Long story short: I had a blonde little girl (Olivia), a darker haired boy (Spencer) and if this last dream was correct..baby boy should be dark as well..and I also have a name for him..but we'll have to see if it works or not!
So depending on the type of dream...I believe in them very much!

RAZ said...

I think in general our dreams are just our brains sorting and filing the things that were on our mind that day. That's why when you don't get enough sleep for a long period of time you start to lose track of things and your memory is a bit fuzzy; your mind hasn't had the time it needs to analyze and file everything.

Visions fall into a different category. I'm not sure as far as the specific mechanics of those, but they seem to be a more conscious guided experience.

Sheltielady said...

soooooooo - tell us about your dream already!