Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Boot Scootin' Boogie

Last Saturday was the "Cowboy Sweetheart Hoedown" south of here in the little town of Cascade. That day Mike and I scoured every thrift store in town and lo and behold, we came up with some SUH-WEET get-ups. As for me, I rounded up some tight jeans, a stylin' striped shirt complete with shoulder pads and a denim collar, a vest, and this huge braided stretchy belt (if you can call it a belt.) I borrowed the hat and boots from a friend and I was set! Woo-hoo! Then Mike, unbeknownst to me, brought home this corduroy suit along with a baby blue button up. When he got home and put it on, I literally fell off the couch laughing. The look was made complete with a belt buckle, bolo tie, and cowboy hat courtesy of Joseph L. Mike was cowboy pimpin'! For $5.00, I don't think he could've gotten a better deal. Mike mentioned that it was a rare occurrence to find a 3 piece vintage suit without any holes or stains that actually FIT! It was fate I tell ya! We had a great time dressing up and I'm so happy we can still do fun things like that as a couple!
When we got to the shin-dig, I noticed several people doing double takes at Mike. It was a little embarrassing, but nobody knew us, right? We ended up sitting at a table with a group of divorcee women who were pretty drunk. Mike works with one of them apparently, and the rest of the broads were friends of hers. They were so nice to us though, and bought us 7-up because they knew we didn't drink. That was considerate of them. One of the gals was SO loud and belligerent on account of the alcohol consumption, but she was also pretty funny. She really wanted to dance with a cowboy, so I told her I would make it my personal mission that night to find her a handsome hunk to cut a rug with. Mike overheard me and took matters into his own hands. He grabbed her by the arm and took her out on the dance floor! They were doing the Texas two-step and the rest of us were busting up laughing! It was an amusing sight to say the least.
Later they auctioned off some "real" cowboys and cowgirls to go out for dinner and a date. One girl was up to $500 smackaroos! I guess if you have the money to have fun like that, then why not, eh? During the auction the crowd was a hootin' and a hollerin'.
There was also a live band called the Thrill Billies. They were actually good, I gotta admit. Mike and I danced to a few songs and also loved to watch the real good dancers do their thing. There were a lot of talented dancers there!
We made some great memories that night and it made me want to be a real cowgirl, for reals yo!







5 comments:

Katie said...

HAHA!! Sounds like a fantastic night!! I am glad that you guys found some suh-weet clothes, you both look SO authentic!

Josie said...

you two look AMAZING! hee hee hee. So fun to see that you scored on the get up too! Yeee haw! Love it :)

Sheltielady said...

Ah - what Montana does for a person huh?
LOL
Looks like you had a great time!

Karen said...

Oh my gosh! You guys look great! I'm glad that you had fun.

Melissa Tupou said...

How fun I wish I could rope George into doing something like that!