Thursday, August 4, 2011

LoVe


We recently got some photos done because I wanted some shots of our family before the arrival of the new baby. Since moving to this apartment, our walls have been bare, which makes it feel less "homey" to me. All the pictures we have are packed away in a box somewhere in the storage unit. So I got some cheap frames and mirrors and made a little wall collage. I looked and looked everywhere for some wooden lettering that I could incorporate, but wasn't able to find what I wanted anywhere. Finally I went to check out what Bed, Bath, and Beyond had. So I asked an associate to help me find some letters, but they didn't have what I was looking for either. "But wait a second....that box there...." said the associate. It was a boxed set of frames and letters that spelled "love." I said, "that would be perfect, but I don't need the frames. Especially for a set with with a $50 price tag." The associate then proceeded to open the box (without any persuasion from me) pull out the letters and say, "here, I will sell you just the letters." "Really? You can do that?" I asked. She said, "I'll do it for you. Let me just get my manager's approval." "Well, what will you do with the rest of the set?" I asked curiously. "Oh, we'll just put a clearance sticker on it that says AS IS." Manager approved the idea (without any persuasion from either of us.) I was sort of in shock. In all my jobs of working retail, that kind of thing was never allowed. Never. I would've never even given a customer the option. But as the consumer this time, I wasn't about to complain. That gal totally brightened my day, and I walked out of the store paying 9 bucks for the word "love." I think it turned out pretty cute.

1 comment:

Bryanna Johnson said...

Wow. You definitely lucked out with some nice sales stuff, huh? And your wall looks way cute!