Monday, February 16, 2009

El Weekendo

This past weekend we took a trip up to Canada land so we could go to the temple and visit some friends. Our friends, the Harkers, are incredible hosts. We enjoy staying with them whenever we are in the area. We drove up on the 13th after Mike got off work and was there in time for a wonderful dinner. Kathy makes the best meals and is so hospitable. We got to meet Roy and Kathy's son and his wife and their daughter. Those two were fun because they joke around just like we do!
On Saturday we woke up to the smell of pancakes for breakfast. The pancakes were pink and shaped like hearts, which was fitting for the occasion, being Valentine's day and all.

Here is the V-man enjoying his morning orange juice.

Later that day the Harkers watched Vessel so Mike and I could attend a session at the Cardston temple. This temple is really beautiful, but also very unique and different than other temples I've been in.
After the temple, Kathy and I drove into Lethbridge city to do some shopping for things I can't find in the States. I got some scrapbooking items and some of my favorite shampoo. :)

That evening Kathy and Roy planned a romantic candlelight Valentine's day dinner for all of us, complete with chocolate fondue for dessert. I was in heaven. Afterwards we played a fun game and just talked before calling it a night.

Also, that night Mike gave me a pretty non-traditional V-day gift. It was a cutting board made from cedar and strips of African padauk that he made with the help of Roy in his woodshop. I've needed a new cutting board so this was a perfect gift! (To see what I made Mike click here. )
It's nice that we live so close to the Canadian border and we can make trips like that every so often. Thanks to the Harker family for their kindness and hospitality. We all had a fabulous weekend!On a sidenote, please try not to stare at my double chin or the fact that I'm wearing yellow. Although this particular mustard color isn't so bad, most yellows don't look so great on me. But I got the sweater for $5 and couldn't pass it up. Don't judge me.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

You guys look great! I love Canada!!!

Anonymous said...

You have such a cute family! And you look so happy and cute in your new steal of a deal sweater!!

Rebekah said...

1) Your chin is so not double. I don't even know what you're talking about.

2) I lurve your sweater.

and

3) I would love to go to Canada and smell shampoos.

xoxo,
your friend,
Bekahreno

The Allred Family said...

You are sooo funny Jamie. Before I read that very last blurb about the yellow sweater I was wthinking that i really liked that color on you and that the sweater was really cute. I think it looks great. And...a double chin (which I do not see) better than an extra tire around your waist. UGH. WIsh I didn't love food so much. How fun for you guys to get tpo visit the Harkers! Kathy IS the best cook and I am sure a sensational host. HOW FUN!!!!! And yes, the Cardston temple is gorgeous and so unique.

Anonymous said...

I find the goldenrod sweater both flattering and fashion-forward. And that cutting board is pretty sweet!