Friday, September 2, 2011

Let me paint you a picture...

Last night I stayed up really late catching up on laundry. I finished folding the last batch around 12:45am and crawled into bed at 1:00am. Mike's alarm woke us both up at 4:30am. He got up and got ready for work while I laid there awake listening to him fumble around for his clothes and get ready for the day. He left at about 5:00am and I thought to myself "I have a couple hours left of sleep before the boys get up." At 5:10am, after just dozing off, I heard the loudest crash come from the kitchen. I jumped out of bed and looked to see what had happened. The tall shelf holding all our food storage somehow tipped over and came crashing down. All the cans, jars, buckets of flour, rice, sugar, and all our dried food fell to the ground while some fell on the table and rolled off. The big flour bucket knocked over a chair and another bucket tipped over the large vase on the table that was full over river rocks. So there were rocks all over the floor, as well as dented cans, and a HUGE mess of food. The noise woke up Jake so I had to go console him. After cleaning and consoling, I got back into bed around 5:50am. Then came the garbage truck emptying all the dumpsters in our apartment complex. That truck is SOOOOO friggin' loud and annoying, it wakes me up every time I'm sleeping. Then I dozed off about 10 minutes later and was awakened by the life flight chopper that flew right outside our bedroom window. By then it was about 6:30am. I had just dozed off again when I got the worst charley horse in my calf that I have ever experienced! That woke me up pretty fast and I was almost in tears trying to relieve the cramping in my leg. Then at 6:45am Vessel came out of his room to use the toilet. He was then up for the day. And when he came out of his room he accidentally slammed the door which woke up Jake. So I was up and at 'em by 7:00am, which I suppose isn't too early, but it is when you feel like you've only gotten about 3 1/2 hours of sleep. And you all may know how much I value my sleep. So I've been a bit on the cranky side this morning. Blah.

4 comments:

Claire Allred said...

Oh my gosh....I would be the biggest BEAST!!!!!!! That sounds awful. And- our dump truck is sooo loud too. Really, why can't they eighter find a truck more quite or just come at a more decent hour....like when the majority of people are NOT sleeping. UGH. The food storage mess sounds sooooo frustrating.

Twila said...

Yikers!! That really sucks. I would be so grumpy!! I hope you have a better night tonight!! I promise to be quiet! Maybe you can sleep on the way up!! See you soon!

Rebekah said...

My sympathies, Jamie. I'm in need of some major sleep, too. Let's take turns watching each other's kids, so we can each get a good nap. :)

Bryanna Johnson said...

Sounds like a horrific mess of food! And what is it about charlie horses during pregnancy? They suck.