Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Big As A House

This is my third pregnancy and I am bigger now than I was with the last two kiddos. Not just in the belly, but pretty much everywhere. This pregnancy has been good, for the most part. Nothing to really complain about....'til now. Nothing fits. Nothing I wear is comfortable. See, I have a really long torso anyway, so I need extra long shirts as it is. But now with the bump, it's like I can't find any shirts that are long enough. I feel like I am constantly pulling my shirt down to cover that bulging watermelon that somehow finds a way to peek out and say "hi" to everyone. I not only have to worry about the bulge in the middle, but I feel thicker everywhere. None of my shoes fit. It's like my feet have grown 2 sizes larger than normal. I get a muffin top on my feet when I wear my dress shoes to church. Not a pretty sight, people. I feel big as a house ALL OVER. I know it's not permanent. I know once I have this little guy I'll be able to shed some of this extra flab. And I wouldn't mind so much feeling big right now if only I had clothes that fit me properly and comfortably. Geez, my friggin' undies don't even fit right. Nothing feels worse than adjusting your garb every 5 seconds. So, that's my frustration today. I just need some decent, nice looking clothes that fit for the next 2 months. Is that so much to ask?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know they sell under shirts at Target for pregnant women. That is the only thing that kept me from hanging out when I was pregnant with the twins. They are in the maternity section near the belly bands, or you can order online. I got one that was 2 sizes bigger than I normally would have gotten and because it is spandex-liike material it fit through both pregnancies just fine.

The Allred Family said...

ohhhh...someone anonymous is readin your blog. FANCY! I always tell Jason I feel like Homer Simpson...tummy hanging out of my "white shirt" if you know what I mean. :) its not cute. Hey...how was Canada??

J said...

Ha ha ha, that IS pretty fancy when someone anonymous comments on my blog. But I figured out who it was, no worries. Not so fancy now either, but oh well. Canada was good. We reminisced about old times in Japan. Mostly we just talked about you guys. :) Lol.

Bethany said...

I was just looking through your pictures on Facebook and thinking how adorable you look! I love your belly. It's so cute. I totally get the frustration though. I was HUGE with pregnancy number three. He was the only one I retained water with really bad. I was ginormous, all over. Anyway, I think you look great. :)

Katie said...

first off, i think that you are ADORABLE pregnant! what I wouldn't give for a long torso..seriously.
Second, i hear you about the clothes fitting...i get so big that nothing works. i like what the first commentor said. I'll have to go look for some of those undershirts whenever I get pregnant again.