Sunday, June 27, 2010

Learning how to live life with two children....

Thursday the 24th I went in for another NST (non stress test) to make sure the baby was doing all right. His heartbeat was good and he was still very active. But my doctor gave me the schpeel about the risks and complications that can occur from being overdue. (Yeah, after realizing that still birth was one of them, it pretty much scared the crap out of me.) I was 9 days overdue at that point and figured I might as well just bite the bullet. So the next day I got induced. It would've been nice if nature had just taken it's course and I began labor on my own, but in the end, it wasn't that big of a deal.

Here I am getting ready for them to hook me up to some pitocin.
The contractions were actually pretty bearable until the doctor broke my water. Then they became really intense and I just didn't have the mental or physical energy to deal with that kind of pain. I was suffering from a cold, I got zero sleep the night before, and hadn't eaten since the previous day. So I decided to get an epidural this time. I must say, it was a godsend for me. It wasn't like what I expected at all. I guess that just proves you gotta try something before you judge it. Anyway, I was able to sleep through my contractions. I was at 3 cm and within about an hour and a half I was at a 10 and ready to push. After 3 contractions of pushing, the little man child was born. I am going to spare you the blood and gore pictures. Nobody wants to see my baby all covered in blood and fluid, except maybe me, right? :)

Here I am in all my post pregnancy glory with the kiddo.


And here's my baby daddy.

And proud big brother holding the baby for the first time.


Here is the kiddo enjoying the heat lamp while he gets his first sponge bath.

Uh, can I have a little privacy?

Getting his hur did.

Mike with his new little friend.
Time to go home!
Stats-
Name: N/A as of now
Weight: 8 lb. 12 oz.
Length: 20 3/4 in.
Hair: Brown
Eye: Muddy blue
Born: 6/25/10 12:01 pm

4 comments:

Mike said...

Horray! You did an awesome job and I'm way proud of you!

Karen said...

Awesome! Your baby is so, so cute! I can't wait to meet him :)

Katie said...

CONGRATS! That is beyond awesome! I can't wait to hear the name!

Rebekah said...

What a beautiful little boy! I'm sure whatever name you finally agree upon will fit him perfectly. In the end, he came out a sweet little perfect boy, and that's all that matters anyway, right?