Monday, October 19, 2009

Just Breathe

Welcome back to the blogging world, Jamie. It's been awhile since I've posted anything of interest or value. It has been very chaotic around these parts. Just a lot of stuff going on all at once. It is nice to have a day where I don't have any pressing matter to attend to. Okay, so I still have laundry to catch up on, and bills to pay, and I need to prepare dinner for the missionaries tonight, but RIGHT NOW I am not going to worry about that and just focus on writing. Here's a little catch-up. It has been a busy summer. We were able to make a trip to Idaho and Utah to visit friends and family. We took on some major home improvement projects over the summer as well. We also had the pleasure of having a number of visitors come stay with us. My sister stayed a week and it was just what I needed. After she left I really missed her and wished she could've stayed longer. My grandparents and my grandma's sister came the following week. They brought with them an organ I inherited from my great Grandad after he passed away. Now I just need to find someone who gives private organ lessons. :) The week after that my friend Bekah came from Boise to stay for a week. She brought her 11 month old son with her. We had a good time crafting and staying busy with projects. Although, everyone in the house caught a bug that left them with crummy tummies for a couple of days. Luckily I didn't get it, but it was still miserable to see everyone else not feeling so hot. But Bekah and I swapped music (which I am totally digging since we have similar tastes.) She also taught me how to coupon. She is way better than I am, and I don't know if I could ever be up to her level. But it was quite satisfying to look at my receipt at the end of my purchase to find that I had saved $52 from using coupons! Wow, right? I still need Bekah's know-how to help me hone my couponing skills. The week after that Mike's parents and grandma paid us a sort of unexpected visit. It was nice to have them here and I know Vessie really enjoyed playing with his grandparents.
Yesterday was the infamous Primary program. For being in charge of my first Primary program ever, I'd have to say it went rather smoothly. I had to crack up at some parts, like when certain children belted out the songs totally off key and out of rhythm, or the little boy digging for gold the entire time. Kids are funny. I am so happy to have that program behind me now. I was very stressed the weeks leading up to it. I don't know why I was so uneasy about it. Perhaps it is just in my nature to worry. :)
Things have been fairly good, I'd say. Although the shifting seasons has made me quite gloomy. I really don't know if I can handle winter this year. Seriously. I'm already missing my warm evening runs, taking Vessel to the park, swimming, feeding the squirrels from the porch, and even mowing the lawn! We had to break down a couple of weeks ago and turn on the furnace. This past Saturday was wonderful though. It was the perfect evening as we went for a walk. Warm and mild. Leaves crunching under our footsteps. Clean fall air. Pink clouds from the setting sun. It was incredible and made me wish every night could be like that. But today, it's friggin' cold and raining. All the leaves have turned soggy and gross. I am wearing my flannel jammie pants and slippers and waiting for my warm tater-tots to get out of the oven. And I think I just heard the timer, so toodles for now. Hopefully I'll have something way cooler to write about the next time I log onto this thing. :)

2 comments:

Gav said...

I could actually hear you saying this entire post. You wrote it totally like you would say it. Nice to hear at least a little of Bates' life.

kenna said...

This was perfect, actually.

I feel ya on the seasons changing.

Time to go tanning.