Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Girls Camp Stuff

Although I'm not in the Young Women's organization, I was asked to be a leader and go to Girl's Camp this year. Despite my assumptions, it was actually REALLY fun. We drove 2 hours from GF to a place called Tiber Dam. Here are some photos from the adventure.


The theme was "Happy Everything." Rachel got a shirt and painted it herself. Going for a little Watchmen logo, I think.

I loved this sign. There were a few of them along the road. Made me think of the cows as being criminals at large.

We had a testimony meeting at 6:30 in the morning at a little place from our campsite. This was our view. Very beautiful.

This is our ward's Young Women and leaders who attended. We were all pretty cold and tired.

We had huge fires every night.

Some of the girls down at the river. I had to supervise.

Bishop and I went fishing for awhile, even though we knew we weren't going to catch anything. Here I am displaying the fishing pole.

The girls played lots of games. This one involving some kind of rhythm.

We kept a tight schedule everyday.

Slide on the playground.

Lonesome swing.

The teeter totters.

Thanks to my dear friend Rachel bringing all her instruments, we got to jam out and sing around the fire and on other various occassions. Here is the uke.

Recorder.

Chinese clappers.

Tamborine.

Guitar.

Sepia fire.

The river next to our camp site.

My feet in the cold water.

Hanging out at the bank.

Artsy photo involving instrument and person. Taken by Rachel.


The Cottonwood trees were enormous and the trunks were thick and rough. The branches created wonderful canopies of shade during the day. Loved it.

4 comments:

Lesa said...

There you go again, being an awesome photographer! You really got talent. I knew you were going to go to girls camp, but WHEN did you go? Where was I, in La La land or in Boise maybe????

Kathy said...

Your photos are fabulous Jamie. Thanks for sharing with us all. kathy harker

Sheltielady said...

Nice job Jamie, You have some great shots!
I love that creative streak you have.

Gramma Rose

Rachel Marie said...

We had fun. : )

I like that you got a picture of my shirt. I don't remember you taking that.