Monday, May 4, 2009

Snowboarding in the month of May

We got record snow here in GF. Around 26 inches I think. And this is MAY people. MAY! But, we were stoked to find out that the Great Divide resort was opening for one more day due to all the snow they received in the mountains. So we just had to do some historical May snowboarding.

Me and my friend Tamara

Me and Mike

After a VERY long day, we finally got to eat something besides chocolate covered cinnamon bears and nasty sulfur dioxified dried fruit. Here we are showing off our sunburns.

All that friggin' snow....





All that snow after it started to seem like spring kind of threw my body for a loop. Seriously, I felt like I needed to hibernate. And the feeling that winter wasn't over? It kind of depressed me. The weight of the heavy snow broke off tree branches and other stuff around town. Our Bishop's car port collapsed...on top of their van! So sad.

4 comments:

kenna said...

Sick.

I loathe snow. It has no place in my world after February.

Although, I won't lie, it is cool that you went snowboarding in May.

Still, damn snow. It had better be gone by the last week in May...

J said...

I agree about the snow. Not a big fan myself. But snowboarding is great fun. Just FYI, the snow is already gone and the grass is green again! I don't think we'll have anymore storms before you get here.

Sheltielady said...

Hey famous Jamus,
That looks just like the weather we get in UTAH this time of year... LOL. Guess it wanted another visit up North huh - no worries, you can keep it!

Mom

Ashley said...

Yikes! That's alot of snow for May! I guess I should stop complaining about all the rain we are getting here! Looks like you had fun boarding though!