Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Randomosity

~As I was driving to Mike's office the other day I saw a big "McCain-Palin" sign in somebody's front yard. Do they not realize that the election is over? Let it go, man, just let it go.

~I love the dollar store. I can always find the coolest stuff there. I don't care if it's all made in China.

~You know something that bugs me? When people purposely put thoughts in my head about other people so as to distort my opinion of them. I should be able to make up my own opinion of that person without knowing all the horrible things they did to person #1.

~I bought some new plates and bowls recently because the first dinnerware set we ever owned (probably a wedding gift) has seen it's last days. Most of the plates have chips and cracks in them. But I don't want to throw them away. Does anyone know how I can recycle my plates? Does anyone have any good ideas on what I could make out of them?

~A few weeks ago we went in for TS with our bishop. When he gave us our records I saw that Mike and I have the same baptismal date! Just one more reason we're meant to be together I guess. :)

~I now have a freakin' sweet Christmas music collection thanks to my friend Rachel who hooked me up with the Beatles Christmas records, Dr. Demento, Mannheim Steamroller, A very German Techno Christmas, A very Japanese Trance Christmas, Celtic Christmas, and They Might Be Giants Holiday Land!

~I've said it before and I'll say it again: I HATE my thyroid. I really do. It costs about $200 smackers every time I need to get a vile of blood drawn. And our insurance won't cover it. How am I supposed to afford that every 4 weeks? $#%*! I hate that this seemingly little thing can wreak so much havoc in my body.

~One downfall to living here is that we don't find out about church related things until days or weeks after the fact. Take Elder Wirthlin's death for instance. Yeah, didn't know about it until this past Sunday. Back when we lived in "the Bubble" that kind of stuff would be all over the local news. And we used to be able to watch the Christmas devotional and Conference on regular television stations, but not here. :( Thank goodness for the internet.

~We decided to put our Christmas tree up the first of December. It's the earliest I think we've put our tree up. But I want to enjoy the Christmas season for as long as possible.

(this is our regular tree and our mini tree with the nativity scene and other decorative items.)

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I feel ya on the thyroid front...I can't believe that your insurance doesn't cover it!!! Hope everything else is going well. Miss you guys!

Katie said...

you know, you could always break the plates up and make a mosaic (find an old side table and redo the top with the mosaic). You're crafty, so I bet it would turn out awesome!

Sheltielady said...

Love the Christmas tree pic. There is nothing like the feeling of the first Christmas in your OWN HOME!!!

we can hardly wait to see you!

Love, Gramma Rose

Melissa Tupou said...

I did get your great card! Thank you. Mine is leaving in the mail tomorrow. I was trying to be ahead of myself and here I am mailing them last minute. WE miss you guys so much! As I read your blog I think I laughed more than I did all day. Leave it to Mike to cop a field with Santa! Love you guys!

The Allred Family said...

i love your randomosity. serioulsy. it's sooo jamie. love it.