Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Stroll

Friday night a dear friend of ours offered to watch the boy child so that Mike and I could go out and enjoy the GF Christmas Stroll and parade. Basically the town blocks off the main street going through downtown and vendors set up shops and there is a big parade of lights and Santa lights the big tree at the Civic Center. So anyway, it was colder than I would've liked, but it was still pretty fun. Okay, it was kind of lame, but at least we ran into some good friends of ours who made it fun!

Here I shake the hand of this random wooden statue that the store dressed in a Santa suit. And Mike cops a feel.

Yet another sexy pose from us with this Santa wanna-be.

Rachel and I sit on "Nibbles" the dinosaur, a monumental statue in GF. Sorry it looks like I'm pulling a Michael Jackson in this picture. Didn't intend for it to look that way...

More pictures with "Nibbles" only this time Giordano gets involved and Rachel gives the little gal a drink. (p.s. I never get "red-eye" in pictures, so that's neat-o)

These broads were singing carols on the street corner. Eh, good times were had by all.

Here we witnessed a group of senior citizens practicing their ho-down skills in this vacant building.



Later we went to Mike's place of business for some free cookies and hot cocoa, only we were deceived as there was no hot cocoa. So then we went to Hardee's, which is the Carl's Jr. of Montana. The best part was the comment cards Rachel and Giordano filled out. And as always, our conversations were fun and entertaining. I learned what "teabagging" meant, so not only was it an entertaining conversation, but an educational one at that. Then we went into a toy store that was packed full of people and G and R (not the band) played with puppets and then we went browsing for a Christmas present for the boy child. Rachel fell in love with the little animals dressed in clothes. :) After nearly 3 hours of strolling down the street in the cold we finally went home. The only regret of the night is that I wasn't able to partake of the famous deep-fried Anaheim pepper. The fire department had a little shop set up where they took peppers and stuffed them with a sausage-y, cheesy, spicy concoction and then battered them and deep fried them. I was the only one who thought it sounded delicious. So nobody wanted to wait in line with me. Psh, I should've just stood in line by myself, am I right?

3 comments:

RAZ said...

It's a good thing you didn't wait in line for those peppers, because you would have died from happiness after eating them. And no one would want you to die. Seriously, those things are flippin' good.

J said...

Dang it! I knew I should've tried one! Now I'll have to wait an entire year when the Christmas Stroll comes around again. Psh.

Rebekah said...

Holy crap, I totally want one of those peppers right now. They sound incredible. I'm going to see if I can find a recipe.