Monday, May 24, 2010

Randomosity: Pregnancy Version

The good, the bad, and the terribly hideous

* Swollen feet

* Swollen ankles

* Swollen fingers (they look like sausages people!)

* Aches and pains (majorly)

* Comments from strangers (e.g. "Wow! You're big!", "You must be having a huge baby!", "Have a nice day, and congratulations!", "You look miserable!", "You look like you're ready to pop!", etc. etc.)

* Napping everyday

* Waddling

* Getting up to pee more times in the night than I'd like to (more than any normal person would like to, I'm sure.)

* Underestimating my ability to fit through tight spaces

* Lacking energy

* Inability to see my feet

* Bending over is a joke

* No comfortable sleep positions

* Anxiety (biggest fear right now: baby's head will be too big to fit through me and I'll have to have a Cesarean section.)

* Late night punches and kicks from the little man

* Feeling like I could drink gallons and gallons of ice water

* No names picked out yet (no, babe, we cannot name our son Jack Bauer Bates."

* Nothing fits (yikes)

* 3 more weeks *sigh*

* Best part about pregnancy:

4 comments:

Robnz Fam said...

When I got pregnant with this second one I thought I was crazy. I knew what I was in for...I didn't know with Emi. It is hard! Especially right at the end. And those comments drive me crazy. I'm 24 weeks..or 23, I can't remember. Anyway, I always get "wow, you're huge for 5 months". Thanks, that makes me feel awesome! OK, not really. But people forget all the other things you have to go through in pregnancy!! They just need to say "oh, you look great!!" and let that be the end of it :0)!

The Allred Family said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE those parking spaces. I love that they include new moms. I am a new mom as long as my baby is under one right?

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize you were due this month!!! Good luck with everything and I can't wait to see pictures :) Gotta love those park spaces too ;)

Mike said...

I love women that waddle and have to pee 20 times a night! Well, at least I love the only person I know with those characteristics...