Friday, March 26, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me, BOO YAH!

Okay, so my birthday wasn't super impressive this year. But there were a lot of thoughtful people who brightened my day. Mike left roses (2 dozen) in different rooms of the house for me to find. When the boy child woke up he came into my room and said "Daddy left me a surprise!!" Thinking it was a treat or a snack on the table (since that's what Mike usually leaves Vessel in the morning before going to work) I asked, "What is it?" And Vessel replied, "He gave me flowers!" I laughed. The boy child thought it was HIS birthday all day. It was quite funny. Mike also wrote me a really cute letter. I always love a handwritten letter from him.

I also got a few other gifts from family and friends. A cute maternity sweater, a baby sling, 1-3 seasons of Ren and Stimpy, a hat, some African violets, a candle, candy, some Bath & Body Works stuff, books, giftcards, and money. I gotta say, I LOVE receiving gifts. :)

In the afternoon Vessel and I went with some friends downtown to watch the St. Patrick's Day parade.

There was this car:

Oooh, and this van:

A trolley:

The "Sparkettes" bus:

A tractor (or 20, one of which died in the road and had to be towed):

Floats:


A school bus:

Some Sparkettes:

And my absolute FAVORITE was the men in kilts playing bagpipes. I mean, I LOVED watching and hearing them. Too awesome for words. :)



And I totally snagged a picture with these fine fellows.
Parades in Montana are pretty flippn' sweet if you ask me. :)


That night Mike and Vessel made me pineapple upside down cake. It was DELISH. Thanks boys!
All in all, it was a pretty typical day. So to make up for it, Mike took me out on the following Saturday to celebrate since we couldn't on Wednesday. We saw Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" in 3D. My poor husband can't see 3D for some reason. He can only see double D's, baby. After the movie we gorged ourselves at the Macaroni Grill. It's always nice to go out on a date with my honey.

That's about it. Here's hoping that 28 brings a lot of hapiness!!

3 comments:

Mike said...

All I can see are double D's?

Anonymous said...

What a good hubby you have! Glad you had a Happy Birthday!!!

Sheltielady said...

nice - sounds like your birthday was great - even if Parades in Montana seem kinds.... well.... you know LOL

Sure miss you guys!