Friday, March 26, 2010

Japanese Dinner!!

We were jonsing for some good ol' fashioned Japanese food last week. So the only thing to do was to make some. It had been WAY too long, folks.

Here I am with my big helper as I make some sushi rolls.

The boy child stirring the miso soup.


The boy child has this thing lately that when you try to take his picture he moves around like crazy. Hold still Mr. Wiggle Worm!


Mmmm, california rolls. Crab, cream cheese, avocado, cucumber and sushi rice wrapped in nori. No raw fish for this pregnant lady.

Delicioso.
Some California rolls and tuna rolls with miso soup. The best part was that everything was homemade. I'm drooling right now.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

That looks delicious! Is your soup recipe a family secret?! I'd love to have it. We make sushi sometimes and it would be great with soup.

J said...

Ha ha. Not a family secret. :) Go get some red miso paste (red soybean paste) from an oriental market. Add water, chicken broth, tofu, and some green onions, and your set. Just follow the directions on the miso package. Happy cooking!
Oh, p.s. how do you make your sushi rice?

The Allred Family said...

Disgusting! :) Never liked the stuff there. Why the heck would I eat in the good ole US of A if I can have McD's. :)

J said...

Claire, I know how much you disliked the Japanese food. I do remember you eating a tuna roll once. I think it was a double dog dare or something, and you pretty much had to. :) Mike and I really grew to love Japanese food! Mmmm!

Sheltielady said...

I wish I was as cool as you!