Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Moment

I love our son so much. He just melts my heart and makes me laugh and brings a ton of joy to my life. I really don't know what I did to deserve such a sweet little baby boy. Nowadays he's so active and barely sits down to take a breather. But last Friday we enjoyed a little moment of peace together. While I was in the kitchen I heard him turn the television on and went about doing what I was doing. After not hearing him for about 10 minutes, I went in the living room to check on him and he was sitting there watching Signing Time. So I sat on the couch and he climbed up and laid next to me on his little pillow that he always carries around. He just let me cuddle him and we made the signs together. I love that he just wanted to be close to me and let me run my fingers through his soft baby hair. After the show was over, he just kind of laid there and held my hand for a minute before getting up again to play. It completely brightened my day. Those kinds of moments are the moments I cherish.

No comments: